What Is ALOAS?
ALOAS is a Citizen's Advisory Committee that serves Auburn, Lee County, Opelika, Auburn University and Smiths Station. It meets on a quarterly basis to review and discuss stormwater and watershed related issues, and to share knowledge and information about related projects and initiatives. ALOAS convened for the first time on May 22, 2001.
The Next Meeting of ALOAS is Scheduled for Thursday, September 21st, 2017 from 1:30 - 2:30 CDT. Meetings are held at the Bailey-Alexander Water and Sewer Complex at 1501 W. Samford Avenue, Auburn, AL, 36832.
Brochures published by ALOAS can be found below.
- Local Water Resources
- Local Watersheds
- Low Impact Development
- Materials Management
- Rain Garden Design
- Emerging Contaminants
- Erosion and Sediment Control 2011
- Stormwater - Alternative Technologies
- Stormwater - Erosion and Sediment Control
- Stormwater - Illicit Discharge
- StormWater - Sanitary Sewer or Storm Sewer
- Stormwater - Stream Buffers
- Stormwater - Websites
- Lawn Care & Smart Yards
- Stream Gages
- LID Manual