The Auburn Parks and Recreation Department maintains Samford Pool.
- Samford Pool is open to the community for lap swimming only.
- The 2020 pool season will end on Tuesday, September 29.
- Extended Fall Pool Hours begin Tuesday, September 8 th.
2020 Lap Swim Rules
All lap swimmers must obey the following rules:
- Lap swimmers must show a copy of their lap swim pass when they arrive at the pool. You will then be directed to a lane.
- Only lap swimmers will be allowed to enter the facility. Additional family members will not be allowed to wait on the lap swimmer within the facility unless a child wishes to lap swim. If a child, under the age of 12 wishes to lap swim, a parent will be required to stay and supervise the swimmer in the outdoor seating area.
- Only 10 lap swimmers are permitted in the pool at once. While not required, reservations can be made up to 24 hours in advance for a 30 minute lane session by calling 334.501.2957. Swimmers may only reserve one 30-minute lane session per day. Those who do not make a reservation will be assigned a lane on a first come first serve basis upon arrival.
- Reservations will be accepted beginning Friday, May 22nd at 8 AM.
- Sharing lanes is not permitted.
- Concessions, bathroom, locker rooms and showers will not be available for public use. The family restroom will be available for emergency use only.
- A 6-foot distance must be maintained by all swimmers while in the facility.
- Kickboards will be available for use but must be placed in the diving well once swimmers are finished.